Re: [Evolution] [ews] Getting persistent "The server cannot service this request right now. Try again later."

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 08:48 -0500, Paul Stejskal wrote:

];FaultInnerException=Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SystemConfiguration.OverBudgetException:
This operation exceeds the throttling budget for policy
part'MaxConcurrency'  policy value '27'

The server that I'm connecting to is Exchange 2013. I need to figure
out why this is happening and I only use e-mail from Evolution and
from my Android phone. I opened an IT helpdesk ticket with my
company IT but they asked if I configured EWS from multiple systems.

        Hello,
what is your evolution/evolution-ews version, please? If you've the
one which has implemented "Listen for server change notification",
which can be found in mail account properties, then I would disable
it. It cuts down the connection to half, because each
calendar/book/mail account opens one connection for communication with
the server (which can be eventually shared between sources of the same
type) and one connection for the change notification sent by the
server.

Nonetheless, this exhaustive connection usage looks odd, especially
with shared connections within processes (evolution-calendar-factory
and evolution-addressbook-factory), thus I cannot think of any other
reason which would cause such many connections to be used. An
evolution-source-registry process also opens (only) one connection to
the server, to check available sources for that account.

Is it possible that you have that many books/calendars/... and the
"Listen for change notification" is used, which makes that many
connections to the server?
        Bye,
        Milan