Re: [Evolution] Filter issue

On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 11:50 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I want Junk mail in the Junk folder, but Junk mail .ru in separated
folders, one with .ru mails already marked as Junk and another with
unknown .ru mails, because of the high amount of .ru mails that I
receive with one of my accounts. The separation would make checking the
Junk mail easier to do.

As I said in another email, that's not going to work.  If a message is
marked as Junk, it will *only* appear in the Junk folder no matter where
it is physically.

That's why I unset it, but assumed bogofilter should learn from this, to
unset it wouldn't make sense, since I need to distinguish between .ru
mail that already is known as Junk and .ru mails that are unknown.
And .ru junk should not appear in the virtual Junk folder, were the few
other Junk appears.

What you need to do is to remove the Junk status and then set a
different label on the message.  You can add new labels at Edit ->
Preferences -> Mail Preferences -> Labels, so create a label of, say "RU
Junk" and give it a distinctive colour,

JFTR with the current EVO version the label gets no color, with older
versions I could add a label and give it a color.

If action set label should work, it would be nice, as long as bogofilter
doesn't learn from the unset.

 then in your filter remove the
Junk status and add the "RU Junk" label.  That way you will be able to
show just the RU Junk messages, or search on the label, or see them in
the list of messages because of their distinctive colour.  You can even
have virtual/search folder for those messages.

But again, bogofilter should learn that some .ru mails are Junk. I could
give .ru Junk a label and other Junk no label, and test using the search
folder, unfortunately my experiences with search folders aren't good,
they usually need hours to filter and often fail to do their job
correct. YMMV! Assumed I would ad a label and the search folder should
work fast and correctly, then there still is the unset issue.

1. Unset didn't work, when I used it.
2. Assumed unset should work, then will bogofilter learn that those Junk
mails aren't Junk mail? If so it's useless for my needs.