Re: [Evolution] How to include pre-made custom headers in outgoing mail?

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Thomas Mittelstaedt <tmstaedt t-mittelstaedt de> wrote:
There exists an evolution plug-in for user defined email headers. It's
part of the evolution-plugins package, at least on the old ubuntu 10.04
version that I still use. Should still be available, though, and may
achieve what you need.

​If you mean​ the "Custom Header" plugin it unfortunately does not help me. The problem is that I need to keep an existing header from the incoming mail and process that header when I reply to the mail (while piping the message through my own code when sending using an Outgoing filter in Evo).

Another idea that comes to my mind, is to use message filters to for
incoming and outgoing messages.

​I use an Outgoing filter. That is how I pipe​ the message through my own code for processing when sending.

You may also go after the "Message-Id" and "References" headers. The
first of  which is included in messages, at least those sent from
evolution.

​Aha, I see that while the Message-id header is changed each time, the References header 'references' all previous Message-id values, in this format:

I could simply sneak in the ticket ID in the References header as long as this fake message-id is guaranteed to be unique, eg:

Will try this.

Thanks a bunch for the pointers,
Per