Re: [Evolution] How to include pre-made custom headers in outgoing mail?

Am Sonntag, den 26.10.2014, 21:02 -0700 schrieb Per:
​Hi,
I am attempting to track incoming messages using a unique ticket ID
which should display within the subject or message itself.

Since a user may remove the ticket​ ID from the message body or
subject, I use a custom header (X-Ticket) for tracking.

I am piping messages from Evolution through my own code that makes
sure the message body still displays the ticket ID.

Problem is, my custom X-Ticket header is removed when I reply to a
message and hence the piped message includes this important string no
longer.

I guess this is to be expected, but is there nonetheless a way to
achieve this with Evolution, ie. have it include my custom header as
the outgoing message is piped through my application? Or, am I going
completely wrong about this problem?

There exists an evolution plug-in for user defined email headers. It's
part of the evolution-plugins package, at least on the old ubuntu 10.04
version that I still use. Should still be available, though, and may
achieve what you need.
Another idea that comes to my mind, is to use message filters to for
incoming and outgoing messages.
You may also go after the "Message-Id" and "References" headers. The
first of  which is included in messages, at least those sent from
evolution.
Hope that helps.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,