Re: [Evolution] Restoring data to new HDD

Hello again,

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014, Donald Sowers wrote:

With you saying, 'Not without great pain and strife', you, like me, have
tried tarballs before. For me, not one successful experience.

Let me be clearer about that.  The problem isn't tarballs, the problem
is that Evolution requires support from a truckload of stuff which
either isn't the right version in Debian Stable or isn't in there at all.

If you want Debian Stable to remain stable, to upgrade it to the point
where it would support the latest Evolution is a non-starter.

Unfortunately the version of Evolution currently in Wheezy is more or
less useless.  I can't for the life of me understand why it's in there.
If you ask for support for it here, they'll just ask you to upgrade.
Which you can't do.  I moved an substantial business from Thunderbird
to Evolution, then from Squeeze to Wheezy ... then back to Thunderbird.

73 de MSEG3,
Ged.