[Evolution] Evolution no longer connects with iCloud IMAP mail

Hello,

I am experiencing a recent issue with Evolution and iCloud IMAP mail, in
which I can no longer connect via the current settings auto-generated by
Evolution when setting up my iCloud account.

When I try to connect, I get the following error:
"Could not connect to 'imap.mail.me.com:993': Cannot communicate
securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s)."

It is important to note that this is a recent problem, starting only
last week. Prior to that, I was able to connect just fine using the same
settings.

I have read about Apple's new two-step authentication process, but do
not think that is the issue for several reasons:
1. The problem started before the two-step authentication was
automatically enabled.
2. I did not have it enabled prior to that (you must opt-in)
3. I tried opting-in and generated the application-specific password
suggested by numerous sites as a solution (which it was not)

My current auto-generated settings in Evolution are:
(Receiving)
Server Type: IMAP+
Server: imap.mail.me.com
Port: 993
Username: just my username without @domain.com (this is default and also
recommended in all troubleshooting guides)
Encryption Method: SSL on a dedicated port
Authentication: Password

I have tried all the different authentication types listed, but none
work.

(Sending)
Server Type: SMTP
Server: smtp.mail.me.com
Port: 587
Server requires authentication enabled
Encryption Method: STARTTLS after connecting
Authentication Type: Login
Username username domain com

I can send email, just not receive it.

I am running Evolution 3.10.4 under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. All other
networking features/functions work correctly, as did Evolution until one
week ago.

If anyone has any ideas, please post them.

Thx,

KT