[Evolution] Closing Evolution

openSuse 13.1
KDE 4.11.5
Evolution 3.10.4
16 pop accounts  -  23 user created folders with matching filters
Several folders have several hundred messages saved, some have very few.
Evolution is set to purge deleted files on close.

This question is not about a problem, rather a subjective observation.

My usual process for using Evolution is to open the desktop application,
read the new messages, mark those I don't want to keep for deletion, and
then close Evolution.

When I close Evolution, there is a pause while the deleted files are
purged.  I understand this.

However, it seems, I empathize seems, to take longer for Evolution to
close if I use File->Quit than if I just click the little X in the upper
right corner of the window.

My question is:  Is there a difference in the code between the two
processes, or is it just me?

Bart