Re: [Evolution] Evolution is dying

Hi Gang! Thanks for stepping up to the plate. Good news is I fixed the problem.
I used my old Marine Corps troubleshoot training. I systematically swapped out components one at a time. By and bye I arrived at the conclusion that the hdd controller on my mobo is trash. I believe I can fix the whole problem with a new mobo, but I expect my the contents of my hdd is now dog food. Oh well. It's a new installation on an old machine. There wasn't yet much on the hdd, so no harm done. I'm writing to you now on my (AHEM!) Windoze 7 box. Tomorrow I'm gonna shop for a kit and build a new machine. That should fix the problem.

Thanx again for your help.

The bad news is I'll probably be back.

Jimmy

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:06 PM

Short answer or long?

Short answer: Use a stable distribution. GNOME is broken on Ubuntu,
they perform no QC and change things willy-nilly.

Long answer: you are probably having under-the-covers NetworkManager
and GNOME key-ring issues. See the short answer. But check your
diagnostic longs and see if there are any related errors. It might be
that will tell you something useful.

I use Evolution 7 days a week all day - I do not see these kinds of
issues.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:47 PM
Hi all. Maybe I'm in the wrong place because my machine runs Ubuntu.

But I did install evolution as my default mailer, and I gotta say I fell
in love with it right away.

Now, a week later, I booted evolution this morning and found that it
doesn't remember any of my email passwords. I remembered them fine just
yesterday but not this morning. I had to enter a dozen passwords into
evolution one at a time, as it demanded them from me. I didn't mind that
so much but, when it checked my mail again, an hour later, it wanted all
the passwords AGAIN.

I can't live like that. What can I do to fix it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jimmy