[Evolution] Threading anomaly?

Evolution 3.10.2 - openSUSE 13.1 - KDE 4.11.5

I never noticed this before:

Today, I received a message from the list posted by Jimmy Montague
subject Evolution is dying.  The date and time say 27, May at 14:47
-0500 (1:47 my time)

Adam Williams posted a reply at 16:06 -0400  (2:06 my time)

Patrick O'Callaghan posted a reply at 14:47 -0500 (2:45 my time)

When I look at these messages in the message list window, with threading
turned on, and sorted by date, the reply from Patrick O'Callaghan is
shown above or before the reply from Adam Williams.

Looking at some other threads, they seem to be "correct".  It seems that
sorting by date to evolution is not quite sorted by date to me.  What am
I missing?

Bart