Re: [Evolution] Evolution mail downloading problem

On 05/07/2014 02:23 AM, Milan Crha wrote:
On Tue, 2014-05-06 at 23:59 -0400, Carpetnailz wrote:
The last couple of days I'm having these problems:

1. I'm getting Evol failing partway through the download: "Failed
message at 1 of 15" (or 3 of 8 or whatever). It freezes Evo. "Cancel"
won't even work. When I use 'evolution --force-shutdown', I get "No
response from Evolution. Killingthe process."

2. When I check my mail via webmail, I see mail there that has been
downloaded but hasn't been deleted from the server (POP set to delete
mail from the server).

3. Evolution won't shut down, even when it hasn't frozen on a download.
I use 'evolution --force-shutdown', restart Evo, and then try to shut it
down and it won't--I need to go back to --force-shutdown.

Running Evolution 3.8.5 on Fedora 19, Lenovo X120e.
        Hello,
3.8.5 is rather ancient these days, current stable is 3.12.1, with a
release of 3.12.2 the next week.

Anyway, both 1) and 3) can be connected, and both needs a backtrace to
see where evolution got stuck, thus to identify the problem and so on.
Please install debuginfo packages for evolution-data-server and
evolution, and then get backtrace of the frozen evolution process in
both cases, which you can do with gdb command:
    $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt
Make sure the bt.txt will not contain any private information, like
passwords, email addresses, server addresses and so on. I usually search
at least for "pass" (quotes for clarity only).
        Bye,
        Milan