Re: [Evolution] Getting access to a folder on my computer as a local focalder in evolution.

Now I can right click on the folder in the server account in evolution
and choose either copy or move and specify that I want to copy or move
to the local account.  But when I do that, I get error messages:

Cannot move folder "old_schur_mail" to
"maildir:/home/len/.local/share/evolution/mail/local".

Cannot open target "Invalid folder URI
'maildir:/home/len/.local/share/evolution/mail/local'".

Is it just not possible to copy or move between server and local
accounts this way?  Or is something else wrong?

Something else is wrong.

At a Linux command line do

  ls -l /home/len/.local/share/evolution/mail

There should be a listing of directories, one of which should be called
'local' and be owned by your user account ("len" by the looks of it) and
be writeable by you.  This is the basic location of the Maildir
structure that makes up the "On This Computer" mail folders.

If it does exist, make sure it has a proper Maildir structure in it -
do

  ls -la /home/len/.local/share/evolution/mail/local

you should see at least three directories ("cur", "new" and "tmp") plus
some other directories that start with a dot such as .Outbox and .Sent
Again they should all be owned and writeable by your account (and each
should also contain cur, new and tmp).

If they don't exist, then I don't know if restarting Evo from scratch
will re-create that structure - perhaps someone else knows.

P.