Re: [Evolution] Getting access to a folder on my computer as a local focalder in evolution.

On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 12:50 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
I have two accounts under my evolution, running under Fedora 17 on my
home computer.  One is an account providing folders on my email server.
The other is called On This Computer and contains local folders not on
the server.  I want to transfer a folder listed on the server account to
the On This Computer account.

This was a directory in my account on the server and I downloaded it to
my local computer, thinking I could make it visible to evolution in the
On This computer Account.  But I can't figure out how to do that.

For reasons I won't go into, I also deleted the directory on my account
on the server, so it is no longer there.  I can upload it again to my
account on the server.  I will do that if it is necessary.  But I
thought that, if I had a directory containing files of email messages on
my local computer, no matter where I obtained it,  I should be able to
make those messages visible to evolution in the On This Computer
account.

Help would be appreciated and if possible a link to a document
explaining how to do such things.

I copied the folder back to the server, and now I can see it again in
the server account in evolution

Now I can right click on the folder in the server account in evolution
and choose either copy or move and specify that I want to copy or move
to the local account.  But when I do that, I get error messages:

Cannot move folder "old_schur_mail" to
"maildir:/home/len/.local/share/evolution/mail/local".

Cannot open target "Invalid folder URI
'maildir:/home/len/.local/share/evolution/mail/local'".

Is it just not possible to copy or move between server and local
accounts this way?  Or is something else wrong?

Is there some other way to move the folder from the server account to
the local account?

--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University