Re: [Evolution] disabling junk plugin

On Sat, 2014-06-28 at 14:21 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2014-06-28 at 01:46 -0400, Carl Schaefer wrote:
Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk->Check incoming messages for
Junk.

I don't know what you mean.  I currently have that box unchecked.

Since you have it unchecked, you apparently do know what I mean.

yes, I'm sure you're right about that...  :-)

Using the manual Junk button without having a junk processor
installed
is somewhat unusual. You might consider marking messages for later
followup (Shift-Ctrl-G) or using labels.

what I like about Ctrl-J is that messages are immediately refiled into
Junk.  I don't see a way to do that with Shift-Ctrl-G, and with labels
I'd need to apply a label (is there a shortcut for that?) and then
apply
filters with Ctrl-Y to refile.

Does it seem unreasonable to have a "none" option for
junk-default-plugin?

Reasonableness is in the eye of the beholder. I think most people would
not think it reasonable to have a Junk plugin that did nothing.

I see it not as a plugin that does nothing, but configuring Evolution to
not invoke a plugin, while still continuing to do the other stuff that
Ctrl-J does.

Carl