Re: [Evolution] disabling junk plugin

On Sat, 2014-06-28 at 08:45 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

Using the manual Junk button without having a junk processor installed
is somewhat unusual. You might consider marking messages for later
followup (Shift-Ctrl-G) or using labels.

what I like about Ctrl-J is that messages are immediately refiled into
Junk.

What do you do with them once they are labelled as junk?

forward them to KnujOn, see http://www.knujon.com/sendusspam.html

I considered installing a script to /usr/bin/bogofilter that would do
this for me, but occasionally I press ^J by accident and like the
ability to undo that.

I don't see a way to do that with Shift-Ctrl-G, and with labels
I'd need to apply a label (is there a shortcut for that?) and then apply
filters with Ctrl-Y to refile.

Does it seem unreasonable to have a "none" option for
junk-default-plugin?

Yes, essentially.

The junk filter is basically a way of automatically tagging a message as
possibly being unwanted.  Pressing the junk button manually tags that
message *so that the automated junk filter can then learn what is and is
not junk*.  As such having a "none" option is fairly pointless, since
the junk button then has no purpose other than making the message
disappear.

it makes the message disappear, and reappear in Junk, allowing me to
easily process those messages and undo any mistakes I've made.
Pointless or not, it's exactly the functionality that I want.  I guess
it's fortunate that it works as well for me as it does, in the absence
of a plugin.
Carl