Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.13.3

On Mon, 2014-07-14 at 11:21 +1000, Wasserland wrote:
I am new to this list . . .

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.  I decided to install  3.13.3 because I was
having trouble with Ubuntu's the default version of Evolution. ie
 Couldn't get Junk/Spamassassin working.

I know 3.13.* is still in development but it seems to work okay
nevertheless.  My main problem is the font size on the compose mail
screen.  I seems stuck on a small font despite my attempts to change
that in "preferences".  So I have a few questions please:

1. Is this a bug or is there a solution within 3.13.*

2. I can't find a .deb file to go to the latest stable version 3.12.*

3. Will I lose my current mail, addresses book etc if I change
backward?

4.  Does this font come out small as you see it on your monitor?

Thank you,
Dave W
_

Welcome to the list!  First, if you use Plain Text, as is requested by
this list, the problem pretty much goes away.

However...  I just know you're going to say "But most of my messages are
in HTML"  :)  So are mine!

The small text on my screen, when I compose a message, is somewhat of a
pain. I agree.  But, when I get a message back, as a reply, I see that
the text is fairly properly sized.  I guess we are both obsessing about
a mostly non-existing problem.  Besides, we can't control what fonts are
installed on the recipient's computer.  Our carefully crafted message
can be rendered unreadable if we were to use a font that does not exist
on the end computer.

As an example, I had my wife send me a message, from her Windows
machine, using Thunderbird, and composed in Cooper Black.  When I
received it, Evolution disregarded the font as it is not installed on my
machine and showed the message in the regular font we see.

I would still like to be able to chose which font is used so I could
make sure I am sending MS TT type fonts and would know pretty much what
the end user will see.

Can't help you with the downgrade question.  Sorry.

Bart