Re: [Evolution] Cursor positioning on replies

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 11:25 -0500, George Reeke wrote:
Re: Evolution 2.32.3 on RedHat RHEL 6.5 (64-bit).
I just upgraded from RedHat 5 to 6 which runs evolution 2.32.3
Everything works fine except I notice when I open a reply window,
the cursor sits at the upper left of the window as it should
(for top-reply used with everything but these lists), but, unlike
the older 2.12, it does not add a couple of carriage returns,
so if I don't look I start typing at the beginning of the message
being replied to rather than on a clean line.  Anybody know how
to make it add the blank line or lines?  (I am OK with editing
the .ui files if that is what it takes, I just don't know where
to look.)
[Please refrain from telling me this is an "ancient" version --
this is the latest RedHat release and I know better than to try
to upgrade evolution in the RedHat gnome environment.  Thanks.]

        Hi,
a quick check shows that this is the same in current development version
(3.11.4), thus it might be intended (and depends on your reply style). A
lame workaround would be to set (in Edit->preferences->Composer
Preferences) to place your signature also at the top, but it's not only
lame, but also wrong, if you use mail signatures (they should be at the
bottom, ideally).

I'm not aware of anything else, I'm sorry.
        Bye,
        Milan