Re: [Evolution] Installing from source assistance

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 3:53 AM, James Lay [via Gnome Evolution - General] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Emre,

I gave this a go, but it didn't seem to...."take" I guess.  I apt-get remove'd evolution, added the ppa, apt-get update'd, apt-get install'd evolution, but when I started, I still had 3.8.4.  Very strange...thanks for the post though.

Strange indeed. I did it in my Kubuntu 13.10. I had no evolution installed on this. It installed fine. Maybe there's an order if PPA is higher priority or lower priority, or maybe you had remaining packages from 3.8 installation as Evolution would pull many dependencies.

When installed this way, it crashes at account setup for me, but on consecutive launchs, it works. Since sending HTML email is unbearable without the still-to-be-implemented webkit editor, I can't use it yet at work.

Emre

Sent from the Gnome Evolution - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.