Re: [Evolution] Many mails never reach the recipients - Evolution 3.10.4

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 13:25 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 12:24 +0100, Max wrote:
I have experienced this problem at least once in the past as well.
Though I would have noticed if it were happening on a regular basis. I
thought that I just missed an error message back then. If there was
indeed no error message, this would be a very very bad issue that
needs to be fixed asap, as otherwise it would render evolution utterly
unusable. I think I will add a dummy email address to BCC to
immediately notice message loss in the future...

BCC is something I also use very often. I'm not sure if it's related to
Evolution or if it's another issue. FWIW I notice that it's better to
send one mail after the other, than to send one mail and while it's
still sending, to click send for another mail too. I suspect that it's
related to Evolution, or some issues caused by the providers sometimes
are not noticed by Evolution. It seems to be like that, but there are no
valid evidences.

Things to try:

* BCC your outgoing mail, as has been suggested
* Note which addresses fail. Is it always the same ones or do they vary?
Do some addresses never fail?
* Is there any correlation between failing addresses and mailing lists?
* Have your recipients checked their Junk folders?
* Try other MUAs with any addresses which consistently fail. What
happens?

Other things that come to mind: authentication at SMTP level, local
policy on which SMTP servers can be used, existence of proxies along the
delivery path.

A lot of things can go wrong. I sometimes think it's a miracle any mail
ever gets through, but that's nothing to do with Evo.

poc