[Evolution] move-to-junk

Hello to everyone,

I'm a new member. We are using version 2.28.3. Please do not stop reading! There are reasons that I can not go into here.

When I drag-n-drop a mail from any mailbox to Junk, it 'bounces' back. If I right click on the message, and select Move, then the Junk destination is not available.

The orange flame 'Mark the selected..' button works fine to move mails to Junk.

In the other direction, it works. I can move from Junk to the Inbox by drag-n-drop.

Junk is a special folder, and behind the scenes IMAP has a 'junk' flag on each mail in the Junk folder. I have read somewhere
On IMAP servers, Evolution moves messages by copying and deleting (IMAP has no "move" operation).

Is there a config problem? The Bogofilter plugin is enabled, and Mail Preferences->Junk has Bogofilter as the default junk plugin. I get no output from CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution during the attempted move.

Would move-to-junk work better on a newer version of Evolution? Which version had improvements related to this, in case I cannot jump to the latest version?

Any help with this is much appreciated.
Thanks
Rick

Rick Leir, Senior Developer