Re: [Evolution] move-to-junk

On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 12:01 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

> When I drag-n-drop a mail from any mailbox to Junk, it 'bounces' back.
> If I right click on the message, and select Move, then the Junk
> destination is not available.
>
> The orange flame 'Mark the selected..' button works fine to move mails
> to Junk.
>
> In the other direction, it works. I can move from Junk to the Inbox by
> drag-n-drop.

Junk is a virtual folder - it displays all the messages marked as junk
in the other folders.  As such you can't move messages to the folder
(because it doesn't exist) - but marking a message as junk makes it
appear in that folder.

P.

Thanks Pete.
I can move mail out of Junk -- that just removes the IMAP junk flag.  So should it not be possible to move mail into Junk, thereby setting the IMAP flag?  This will be hard to explain to my boss!