Re: [Evolution] Inbox always opens at top of message list instead of last read message

On Sat, 2014-12-13 at 19:35 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sat, 2014-12-13 at 19:29 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sat, 2014-12-13 at 07:58 -0600, Chris wrote:
Gnome 3.12.2, Evolution 3.12.9 - I sort my message list in all folders
by date from oldest at the top to newest on the bottom. When starting,
Evolution is always opened at the very first message in the list
no matter which folder is opened on startup. If there is a setting to
change this I can't find it anywhere or is this a feature or a bug?

This bug appeared a long time ago and still happens for my 3.12.8. For
my POP account folders Evolution remembers the last selected message for
all folders, excepted of the Inbox folder. For the Inbox folder it
always falls back to a mail somewhere in the middle of all mails.

Perhaps it's not the same bug, but at least it's a similar issue.

Thanks Ralf, yes, I remember the same thing when I first installed
Ubuntu earlier this year with Gnome and I believe it was Evolution
3.12.6. I may just go ahead and file a bug report at Gnome Bugzilla as I
searched earlier today for this and found nothing that matches a
previously reported bug.

Chris

--
Chris