Re: [Evolution] Missing Graphics

On Wed, 2014-08-27 at 17:39 +0200, David Mantock wrote:
I though the same even though everything shows up fine in Gmail.

It really depends on whether the mail program looks at (and believes)
the file extension given.  The concept of a file extension accurately
describing the contents of a file is very much a Microsoft thing and
stems from DOS days; it was never something that Unix systems ever did.
The only thing in a Content-Type: header that can be relied on is the
mime type - and if a sending program gets that wrong, then you are
stuffed.  A content type of unknown/unknown is basically the sending
application saying "I can't be bothered to sort this out, you deal with
it".  Some programs make assumptions and may get it right some of the
time - others, like Evolution, just do as they are told.

P.