Re: [Evolution] Missing Graphics

On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 18:27 +0200, David Mantock wrote:
I have problem that when receiving emails where jpg and gif files say
unknown attachment type. Then the graphics are not shown in the email.

It depends what the mime type of the attachment is - can you see what it
says for an email that doesn't display properly.

BTW, a "good" mime header for a JPG attachment that does display is
something like:

        --------------080600040504050005000407

        /9j/4SSWRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAOAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAA
        AQAAABoBBQABAAAAqQAAABsBBQABAAAAsQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAlAAAAuQAAADIB

If I forward the same email then all the graphics are shown.

And viewing in Evolution again or some other client?

For most emails I receive I have no problems to view graphics, only in
this type of email where the graphics are attachments.

It sounds like some client/program is not setting the content mime type
properly.  Is it always the same source for the email?

P.