Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.13.3 -- sending e-mail

On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 22:26 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
Is this correct performance for sending e-mail.

When I complete composing an e-mail and click on "Send", the message
does not send, but goes to the Outbox.  It stays in the Outbox until
I click on "Send All."

With an earlier edition of Evolution, the message was sent
automatically without need to click on "SendAll."

        Hi,
there was added (in 3.13.x) an option Edit->Preferences->Composer
preferences->Send messages through Outbox folder, which is off by
default, from which I suppose you turned it on.

It currently behaves as you said, the message is just added into On
This Computer/Outbox folder, but the actual send is not initiated. I
think the checkbox should be extended with an extra option to:
   [ ] Send messages through Outbox folder [ OPTS   | v ]

where OPTS might contain options like:
   - Flush manually (current behaviour)
   - Flush immediately (previous behaviour)
   - Flush with 5+ messages
   - Flush with 10+ messages
   - Flush at [ HH:MM ]

while at least the last option corresponds to a feature request I
vaguely recall from GNOME's bugzilla. There is no ETA for this new
functionality, though.
        Bye,
        Milan