Re: [Evolution] Using EWS only for Calendar & Contacts

On Mon, 2014-08-25 at 17:06 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
Hi,

I'm not yet happy with the functionality of EWS interface on the
mail part, due to some issues for which I've already filed bug
reports (ie very slow large attachment downloads, UI block during
those large attachment download, etc.). (download messages for
offline mode is also enabled).

I can use IMAP for email as both EWS and IMAP are enabled on our
exchange servers. Is there a way to utliize EWS only for Calendar
and Contacts while keeping mail on IMAP? When I setup EWS account,
mail is also automatically enabled.

        Hi,
the calendar and book parts are tight to the mail account. You cannot
easily disable it, but you might be able to do that by editing EWS
account's main .source file. Search your ~/.config/evolution/sources
for files which contain "[Collection]", one of the files may reference
your EWS account, also recognized by an "[Ews Backend]" section.
Change the "MailEnabled=true" to "MailEnabled=false" and then restart
evolution-source-registry. No promises whether it'll work, but you can
try at least. Definitely make a copy of the .source file before you'll
change anything in it, just in case you change it too much.

It should be easier to just collapse the EWS mail account in the
folder tree, disable the offline synchronization for it and even
disable the automatic update of its folders and change the account
name or something in such a way that you'll be able to distinguish
which account is EWS and which IMAP. Note the email address is
automatically propagated into calendar and book sources.
        Bye,
        Milan