[Evolution] NFS folder on network attached storage

Evolution 3.10.4
Ubuntu 14.04

Hello, and many thanks for an excellent open source PIM.

I have been using it for a number of years and find it most convenient.

I have 2 PCs both running Ubuntu, and both connected to my lan, which also includes a Qnap NAS.
I just make a symlink from ~/.local/share/evolution to an NFS folder on my NAS as in:

ln -s /home/john/nas/mydocs/Personal/evolution evolution

I then set up the email accounts on each PC and all seems to work fine. I seldom open evolution on both computers at the same time.
I also use syncevolution-server to sync to my android devices.

Should i be linking the evolution folders in .cache and in .config to an NFS folder also?
I attempted to do that just now, and Evolution opened in first run mode and asked me to set up an account. When i restored the original evolution folders in .cache and .config, after a restart all is okay again.

Regards
John