[Evolution] Large text attachments hang Evolution

I have a problem that _seems_ to be related to getting large (>5MB) text
attachments.

A customer sent me a pair of very large text files as attachments.
Everything was fine until I clicked on the attachment icon, expecting to
get a list of attachments to download.  Instead, Evolution hung, and
stayed that way for ten minutes before I killed it.

Subsequent trials have Evolution hanging when I just click on the
offending mail in my inbox, without even looking inside.

I assume that Evolution is trying to display the text without
consideration for how big it is and is wrapping itself around the axle
in the process.

Is there a way to get Evolution to suppress the display of .txt files,
either entirely or by size?

Failing that, is there a way to delete mail from my inbox outside of
Evolution?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

--

Tim Wescott