Re: [Evolution] Wierd debug message

On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 11:54 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I'm trying to debug a POP connection using Evo 3.10.4 under Fedora 20
(fully updated, using KDE as the desktop). The server gives a variety of
error messgaes, either "connection reset by peer" or a timeout, or
"cannot get POP summary". Looks like it may be overloaded.

Are you using POP [tcp/110] or POP over SSL [tcp/995]?

Is there a concrete reason you do not believe these message mean exactly
what they say?

Can you make a naked connection to your destination?

   - telnet {POP_SERVER} 110
   - telnet {POP_SERVER} 995
   - openssl s_client -crlf -connect {POP_SERVER}:110 -starttls pop3
   - openssl s_client -connect {POP_SERVER}:995

It is also possibly you are being rate-limited by your provider if this
issue is intermittent.  Or your router is junk.  Or your ISP is junk.

Anyway, I run "CAMEL_DEBUG=pop3 evolution >& EVO-POP-LOG" and attempt
connection with the POP server.  After one of the above error messages,
I terminate Evo and get the following in the log file:
        (evolution:18384): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided
by any .service files
        java version "1.7.0_65"
        OpenJDK Runtime Environment (fedora-2.5.1.3.fc20-x86_64 u65-b17)
        OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mod
That's the entire log file. The same thing happens whenever I repeat the
test.
Why I am getting a Java-related error in Evolution?

It is just noise generated by a plugin.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383