Re: [Evolution] Imap and certificates

On 04/17/2014 10:12 AM, dfc wrote:
Sometime after our university probably updated/fixed
SSL issues associated with Heartbleed
my imap connection via evolution ceased to work and
I haven't been able to retrieve email. IT
more or less waives it off as an issue
for "an unsupported email client".

Here is the client side view:

[imapx:A] camel_imapx_read: buffer is '* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1]
perdition ready on scout01.mail.cornell.edu 0002aeb1'
[imapx:A] token '*'
[imapx:A] got untagged response
[imapx:A] token TOKEN 'OK'
[imapx:A] Have token 'OK' id 0
[imapx:A] token '['
[imapx:A] token TOKEN 'CAPABILITY'
[imapx:A] token TOKEN 'IMAP4'
[imapx:A]  cap: 'IMAP4'
[imapx:A] token TOKEN 'IMAP4REV1'
[imapx:A]  cap: 'IMAP4REV1'
[imapx:A] token ']'
[imapx:A] got capability flags 00000003
[imapx:A] adding command, format = 'LOGIN %s %s'
[imapx:A] got string '***'
[imapx:A] got string '***'
[imapx:A] completing command buffer is [49] 'LOGIN...'
[imapx:A] completing command buffer is [0] ''
[imapx:A] Starting command (active=1,) A00000 LOGIN...
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_write: 'LOGIN...'
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_read: buffer is 'A00000 NO failed: Could not
connect to server'

This is for Evolution 3.10.4 under F20

So a couple of questions: does an imap conversation carry information
about the need to update certificates? if so, does
evolution implement the update notifications? if not,
what do I need to do to get new certificates?

Is there something else I can do to help IT understand
what the problem is?

Thanks