Re: [Evolution] Am I the only one who needs an option to allocate accounts to recipients?

On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 08:03 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 08:58 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 06:38 +0000, evolution-list-owner gnome org wrote:
[snip] rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:
"Already resent from other account, hence rejecting." [snip]
I changed the used account for the list from ralf DOT mardorf AT
rocketmail.com to Evolution's default account ralf DOT mardorf AT
alice-dsl.net too avoid this issue in the future.
Evolution really, really is missing a feature for POP/SMTP usage, that
allows to allocate a mailing list/recipient to one of the available
accounts.

But as soon as that is implemented someone will say "but i want to reply
to this list with account A and that list with account B and this other
list with...."

It just seems like a rabbit hole to me.

I think it seems a very useful direction. I have work lists, private
lists and some open source involvement related lists - and I would
indeed prefer to have them cleanly separated. Lists, I tend not to get
confused wth, but people, I do. And there the automatic separation would
be even more useful. It is also a useful anti-stalker device - you could
ensure that certain unpleasant people get only ever a response from a
certain account, e.g. work account.

I am quite sure I have seen at least one client where this is possible.
Basically part of the contacts' list data was an entry per contact with
preferred identity to be used. Maybe it was Thunderbird +/- some addon.
Not sure.

I wonder if I should file a feature request to upstream or if my wish is
freaky?

No, it is a useful and nice feature. Whether the developers think so
too, is obviously open for question, but as a user I would be delighted
to have it. Thanks for suggesting this.

Peter