Re: [Evolution] move message to folder - typing folder name

Dear Milan,

Thanks for your detailed answer.
Is there a way that I can add the option to "search in collapsed nodes as well" myself? Can this be done in some configuration file, or does this need real programming (i don't know how).

It would also be convenient to have an option with a short-cut key to "Go to folder.." in a similar way as "Move to folder..." or "Copy to folder...".

Best,
Rudy.

On do, 2013-09-26 at 08:58 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 11:06 +0200, Rudy van Eijsden wrote:
> 1) Can I change the default size of this window somehow?
> 2) When simply typing the name of the folder to which I would like to
> move the message, only the direct folders can be selected, but
> subfolder (when folders are collapsed) are not selected. Is there a
> way to make this also select or search in all subfolders?

	Hi,
I'm afraid the answer for both is 'no', at least I do not see how that
would be done with current stable (3.10.0) without code changes.

ad 1) only if there will be added remember of the last window size
(with/without position)

ad 2) the UI facing widget is a standard GtkTreeView, together with the
search ability. Once they add this functionality (search in collapsed
nodes as well) then you get that in evolution for free. Please note that
it might not be practical in some situations, because the tree can be
filled in a "lazy manner", which means the collapsed nodes are populated
only after they are expanded, which might result in a flood of "get me
list of direct children for node X" when typing the search. Evolution
uses that for account nodes, maybe you noticed it when you closed
evolution with a collapsed IMAP account node. Running evolution the next
time and expanding it may show you a flash of "Loading..." node there
(how long the node is shown depends on couple things, like whether the
account was already connected, how slow the network connection to the
server is, and so on). The node stays there for me for about a second or
two.

	Bye,
	Milan