Re: [Evolution] I/O operation timing out

I now have Evo 3.8.5 on Fedora 19. So everything's up to date in Kansas
City. The problem persists. I'm doing 'send/receive' on three accounts,
all the same domain, all hosted at omnis.com. I've done some traceroutes
and my impression is that most if not all of the jumps take longer when
the attempt times out. This presumably would mean that it's not a
problem at the omnis.com end. So I repeat my earlier query: Is there
some way to tell Evolution to wait longer before it times out? I've
already set net.ipv4.tcp_syn_retries to 7, which is supposed to give
about 90 seconds (per
http://www.sekuda.com/overriding_the_default_linux_kernel_20_second_tcp_socket_connect_timeout).
But I'm getting the timeout error after about 45 seconds and 60 seconds.
And it's still intermittent--sometimes stuff downloads right away;
sometimes only one or two accounts download and then it times out.

Thanks.