[Evolution] Folder contents have disappeared and new error

Hi All,

I've been using Evolution 3.6.4 and noticed I could not move any emails from my inbox to other folders. Based on a posted suggestion, I backed up then deleted my folders.db file in /.local/share/evolution/mail/local assuming evolution would rebuild it. Well it did, but all of the subfolder contents have disappeared! The only folders with emails are inbox, sent, and trash. Even worse, if I try to open the Properties Dialog for any of the empty folders, I get an error message:

he reported error was "Cannot get folder '/home/myName/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.NameOfFolder': not a maildir directory.".

Restoring the old folders.db did not help nor did running the database rebuild shell I've seen around:

for i in `find . -name folders.db`;
do echo "Rebuilding table $i";
sqlite3 $i "vacuum;";
done

from my home directory.

I verified that the email message files are indeed still there so I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas how to get this working again?

Thanks in advance,
Alan