Re: [Evolution] "Reply to Sender" does same thing as "Reply to All"

On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 13:37 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 13:21 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 12:46 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
However, Evolution does change it's behaviour with each upgrade to
current stable versions of it's dependencies from upstream
Either stop spreading FUD, or be way more exact.
The issues do change,

Of course they change;  releases done to include changes.

at the moment it's annoying for me that Evolution
crashes when I try to sort by subject.

Something in your distributions is *seriously* broken.  That is not
Evolution.  I have not seen Evolution crash for a very long time; and I
*use* it every single day for 8+ hours.

I'm serious and not trolling. What distro does provide a stable
Evolution?

openSUSE.  At least it is entirely stable for me, on my hardware.

It's in the mail header, but FWIW, the version is 3.10.2 on a 64-bit up
to date Arch Linux, IOW every dependency should be the current stable
release from upstream. I don't remember when the issue started, but it
seems to be one of the issues that appeared after upgrading other
software, IOW seemingly something from the dependency chain.

Of course, everything of significance is built on a dependency chain.
It is a problem when people believe it is OK to just willy-nilly upgrade
random parts of that chain.  That component W is a stable release does
not mean that X, Y, and Z will run using it without issue;  X, Y, and Z
may need to be updated to reflect changes in W.  Or at least QC needs to
occur.

Anyway, again, 3.8.x was stable for me, and 3.10.x is stable for me.  I
sort, and search, and read, and send... all day long.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>