Re: [Evolution] Time drifting using Android - Exchange 2010 - Evolution

Den 05/29/2013 04:05 AM, skrev evolution-list-request gnome org:
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:32:01 -0430
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Time drifting using Android - Exchange 2010 -
        Evolution
Thank you for replying, Patric
On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 22:15 +0200, Vidar Evenrud Seeberg wrote:
When entering appointments/events on my phone (using either SPlanner
or Touchdown) the appointments drift with two hours when picked up by
Evolution. If entering an appointment from 10:00 to 11:00 on the
phone, it shows up in Evolution from 8:00 to 9:00.
When you say it "drifts" do you mean it's exactly 2 hours off, or that
it varies by up to 2 hours?
It is always off by two hours (which is the "offset" from timezone 0.)

Do all the various components agree on the timezone and the current
time? I.e. if the Windows machine says it's 10am, does the Linux machine
also say it's 10am? How about the phone?

poc
The timezone and the time is set equally on both PCs and phone

vidar

Original post (not sure if I should attach this, but doing it for including all relevant information):

Hello again!

I have posted this question before. However I was not used to
communicating using mailing lists, so I screwd up the whole issue. Now,
trying again!

My Linux computer:
Linux Mint DE, Update Pack 6 (latest)
TimeZone Europe/Oslo, which currently means +2, summer time
Time synchronized using NTP
Evolution 3.4.4 configured to use system time zone
EWS plugin version 3.4.4-1 to Evolution for syncing with office Exchange
2010 server

I am also occasionally using Outlook 2010 installed on a Windows 7 pc or
in a Virtualbox Windows XP guest on a Linux host.

I am also frequently using Outlook Web Access (OWA) since Evolution
picks up events entered using my Samsung S3 Android phone wrong.

My phone:
Samsung S3 Android version 4.1.2
Timezone and time configured to automatically being fetched from "the
network" (which probably means from the nearest cell)
Events and appointments entered using both stock SPlanner calendar
application and Touchdown for Exchange app. The same sync-problems occur
no matter which of these two calendar applications I use for entering
appointments.

My problem:
When entering appointments/events on my phone (using either SPlanner or
Touchdown) the appointments drift with two hours when picked up by
Evolution. If entering an appointment from 10:00 to 11:00 on the phone,
it shows up in Evolution from 8:00 to 9:00. This is how I do it (for
reproduction):
1. Enter appointment on phone in Touchdown or SPlanner
2. Initiate sync on phone with office Exchange server (automatic sync
causes same problem)
3. Start Evolution on pc
4. Appointment entered on phone shows two hours earlier in Evolution
calendar.
5. For checking I have also opened OWA and Outlook, and the appointment
shows correctly there

I have also checked:
- As noted: appointments entered on phone shows correctly in OWA and Outlook
- Appointments entered in Evolution syncs correctly to OWA, Outlook and
phone
- Appointments entered in OWA and Outlook syncs correctly to both phone
and Evolution.

I have also tried:
- Setting timezone to ±0 on the phone. This made all appointments
synced from Exchange server showing two hours earlier than correct. Not
good...
- Setting timezone to ±0 on the PC and/or in Evolution causing
Evolution showing all appointments synced from Exchange server two hours
earlier than correct. Not good either...

Conclusion:
- All syncing between Exchange and Evolution work as expected in both
directions as long as appointments are entered in OWA, Outlook or Evolution
- Appointments entered in OWA, Outlook and Evolution sync as expected TO
phone
- Appointments entered on phone sync correctly to OWA and Outlook
- Appointments entered on phone sync NOT correctly to Evolution (of
course with Exchange 2010 server inbetween)
- And: I also hava a Samsung Galaxy Tab with Android 4.0.4 in which also
appointments sync correctly to OWA and Outlook, but NOT correctly to
Evolution

First:
- Can anybody reproduce this behavior?
Second:
- Do anybody have some suggestions for solving this issue?

I really like Evolution a lot. However, this behavior prevents me from
using it since I enter appointments on the phone as often as in
Evolution. For now I am forced to use OWA, which I do not like very much...

Best regards
Vidar Evenrud Seeberg