[Evolution] Can't send email -- help with error message needed

Really a problem with ATT; but I'm having trouble understanding the error as reported by evolution.

Attempting to send email via the server smtp.att.yahoo.com, this happens:
  • I click send
  • Nothing happens
  • I click send again
  • The composition window disappears and the message appears in the Sent folder (Note: the yellow "Sending" bar never appears)
  • The message is never received, probably never sent.
Starting evolution with the command
$ CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution
I get a log file, from which this extract appears to be what's caused by the attempt to send:
===========
DB SQL operation [SELECT uid FROM 'Sent' WHERE ( (NOT ((deleted = 1))) AND (NOT ((junk = 1))) )] started
Camel SQL Exec:
SELECT uid FROM 'Sent' WHERE ( (NOT ((deleted = 1))) AND (NOT ((junk = 1))) )
DB Operation ended. Time Taken : 0.003810
###########
sending : EHLO [192.168.1.68]
sending : AUTH LOGIN
sending : xxx<Deleted>xxx==
sending : xx<Deleted>xx=
sending : MAIL FROM:<jonrysh pacbell net>
<At this point I hit Send for the second time>

(evolution:16832): camel-WARNING **: CamelSmtpTransport::send_to_sync() reported failure without setting its GError
0x1cdaa40: 1 0 0 | 0 2549 2549
0x1cdaa40: 1 0 0 | 1 2550 2550
0x1cdaa40: -1 0 0 | 1 2550 2550
0x1cdaa40: -1 0 0 | 0 2549 2550