Re: [Evolution] Can't send email -- SOLVED

On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 23:20 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Attempting to send email via the server smtp.att.yahoo.com, this happens:
The problem is the interaction between evolution and Gnome's keyring manager.  The keyring had a wrong password for the ATT smtp server.  The keyring interface (seahorse, I think) does not start under this situation; evolution just hangs.  I don't know why pressing send a second time causes evolution to claim the message has been sent.

The fix is to start evolution under Gnome.  I did this:
  1. Start seahorse under KDE; delete all passwords relating to evolution; there were 3 of them.
  2. Close the KDE session; start an Gnome session
  3. Send a message using evolution under Gnome; a box appears requesting a password and asking whether it should be put onto the keyring; check yes, put the password onto the keyring, and enter the password; the message is sent
  4. Test by closing the Gnome session, starting a KDE session and sending a message using evolution (under KDE); the message is sent.
This is obviously a bug.  Should it be reported to evolution, to KDE (as a desktop system), or to the keyring system.  Or to all three?