Re: [Evolution] Help files

The error message I'm getting seems a little strange to me.  It doesn't
tell me there is no help available, it says the location isn't
supported.  Could it be that I'm missing a package from the gnome
desktop?  Does Evolution call the help files directly or does it call on
a process of some sort to read and display the files?

It uses yelp - the Gnome help system.  What happens if you run

   yelp help:evolution

from a command line?

I'm curious about the naming of that folder, how on earth did it end up
as 'C'?

It's historic.  From the net somewhere...

        In the C programming language, the locale name C “specifies the
        minimal environment for C translation” (C99 §7.11.1.1; the
        principle has been the same since at least the 1980s). As most
        operating systems are written in C, especially the unix-inspired
        ones where locales are set through the LANG and LC_xxx
        environment variables, C ends up being the name of a “safe”
        locale everywhere.

        POSIX specifies that both C and POSIX must be valid locale
        names, with the same neutral settings.

So 'C' is from the 'C' language.  The C locale basically comes down to
7-bit ASCII.

P.