Re: [Evolution] evolution export/save to mbox in error

On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 08:03 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
... and why are you grousing about underneath Evolution anyway?  If you
really want to do that I'd recommend storing mail in an IMAP server.

Well to be fair, we have had quite a few problems with the Maildir
conversion not getting triggered after upgrading from 2.x.

I thought we had it figured out, but I just went another round with it.

https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?h=gnome-3-8&id=f40548697497cb748243e33e21d103ded2db9c19

(I alerted Debian folks to get that commit backported for Wheezy, as
their users will be coming from Evolution 2.30.)

Anyway, if the OP hasn't mucked around too much with the files, one
thing he can try is close Evolution and run:

gconftool-2 --set --type string /apps/gnome/evolution/version 2.32.0

That will make Evolution believe it's upgrading from 2.32.0 on the next
start, and at least for Evolution 3.4.4 that should trigger the Maildir
conversion.  I can't guarantee it will work on Evolution 3.2.x.

Hope this helps,
Matthew Barnes