Re: [Evolution] Evolution becomes unresponsive

when I work much using xfce4-terminal, Evolution becomes unresponsive
and I need to reboot. Nothing else but Evolution is effected. This also
happens, if I don't run xfce4-terminal, but not that often.

I don't quite understand, are you saying that merely running a terminal
emulator at the same time as running Evolution will cause it to freeze?
Is it reproducible? Do you run Evolution from the command line in the
terminal or via the menus?

Nevertheless, have you tried to do any debugging on it - like running
Evo from the command line to see what it says? Or running with the debug
variables enabled to see what exactly is happening? Or eventually
running it under a debugger to see where exactly it is stuck?  All this
is detailed on the Evolution web site:

  https://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml

P.