Re: [Evolution] POP or IMAP

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 08:28 +0100, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
On the other side you have your email secure on the local server and
when you lose access to your server account, move it or get hacked
they are still there on your local PC.

This is true of IMAP accounts as well.  I read my mail offline on a
regular basis; you just check the download for offline use option.

IMAP on the other side can be very fickle when several devices access
the same mailbox. If you have not used it before - there are many new
ways of losing email permanently.

Perhaps with some providers; but if you have a quality provider the
likelihood of encountering an issue is remote.  I have my IMAP account
active from three clients most days.  Concurrency problems are
historical foot-notes; especially with IMAP-X & servers that support
IDLE.