Re: [Evolution] POP or IMAP

Ookaaay.  I'm not at all up on the email environment.  Exactly where would this dragging take place? And where would this IMAP account be created?

JC

JC

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 11:27 -0600, JC wrote:
> I have been using Evolution as a POP client for several months now and
> I have read just a tiny little bit about IMAP.  Is it possible to
> switch from POP to IMAP in mid stream so to speak?  I check my email
> from my phone and a web browser occasionally.  Would it be worth the
> change if it can be done?

Certainly, IMAP is in every way superior;  POP is a dead legacy
solution, it certainly is not appropriate for a mailbox accessed by
multiple devices.

POP and IMAP are separate accounts.  And IMAP account is a persistent
thing while POP is really just a local mailbox to which mail is
downloaded.  Just create an IMAP account and then you can drag the mail
from the POP account into the IMAP account.  Then just delete the POP
account.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383