Re: [Evolution] How to Reduce Trash

On Sun, 2013-01-13 at 17:51 -0600, Jerry Criswell wrote:
Thank you for that answer, but I really, really don't like that
method.  Maybe that could be handled differently for a POP mailbox?

I believe there are what people are calling "real trash folder" in later
versions of Evo - i.e. you can specify that the action on deletion is to
move a message to a folder rather than just mark the message as deleted
in the current folder. I don't know if you can selectively delete from
that trash though.

BUT.  In all honesty, if you were one of my users, I would tell you to
change the way you do things.  The clue really is in the title of the
folder you are using - it's trash, if it's trash, you don't want it any
more, that's what trash is - the folder isn't called "might be trash but
I haven't decided yet".  The trash folder in all the systems I use and
manage is treated differently - even if it isn't a virtual folder (or
rather, isn't implemented as "mark and expunge"), it is the first thing
to be emptied when space is lacking and so on - often automatically.

P.