Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Evolution doesn't quit cleanly & other issues] - revisited again ...sorry

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:33:53 -0500
Paul Smith <paul mad-scientist net> wrote:

On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 21:08 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
What would be the diff:

[guru tiny ~]$ CAMEL_DEBUG=all env | fgrep CAM
CAMEL_DEBUG=all
[guru tiny ~]$ env CAMEL_DEBUG=all | fgrep CAM
CAMEL_DEBUG=all

As Pete points out, your use of env is misleading you.

Compare these (closer to what you're really doing):

  ~$ env | grep CAMEL_DEBUG

  ~$ CAMEL_DEBUG=all sh -c 'echo CAMEL_DEBUG=$CAMEL_DEBUG'
  CAMEL_DEBUG=all

  ~$ sh -c 'echo CAMEL_DEBUG=$CAMEL_DEBUG' CAMEL_DEBUG=all
  CAMEL_DEBUG=

hello Group -

Turns out I was all wrong about this being fixed.

Was hoping this issue was gone because of some FM ...but not so much.
A few days ago Evo was working when I ran it from the command line
so I assumed there was some kind of FUBAR in startup command associated
with the icon (not sure how I reached that conclusion but I did).
Failed to pull mail from my POP account when starting with icon, ran
from the command line. Wierd. Also, still fails to shut down cleanly.
The primary mail page goes "grey".

Could this be something to do with password
storage?  I did have some password issues with the ISP providing POP3
services (none with IMAP / Gmail).  But if it was that then why would
it work sometimes and fail others.

I did complete a success capture through the command line CAMEL command
but the output is so large the list moderator would allow me to post
it. Not sure what my alternatives are.  I can add it as a compressed
attachment but that might be bad "list" form.  Or I can upload it to my
Ubuntu One account and include a link to it.

thoughts welcome.

RV