Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: Evolution doesn't quit cleanly & other issues]

On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 16:33 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 21:08 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
What would be the diff:

[guru tiny ~]$ CAMEL_DEBUG=all env | fgrep CAM
CAMEL_DEBUG=all
[guru tiny ~]$ env CAMEL_DEBUG=all | fgrep CAM
CAMEL_DEBUG=all

As Pete points out, your use of env is misleading you.

Compare these (closer to what you're really doing):

  ~$ env | grep CAMEL_DEBUG

  ~$ CAMEL_DEBUG=all sh -c 'echo CAMEL_DEBUG=$CAMEL_DEBUG'
  CAMEL_DEBUG=all

  ~$ sh -c 'echo CAMEL_DEBUG=$CAMEL_DEBUG' CAMEL_DEBUG=all
  CAMEL_DEBUG=