Re: [Evolution] Evolution composer text wrap width

On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 17:23 -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:
In plain text mode, the Evolution mail composer seems to have a width
limit much smaller than 72 which is where I think it is supposed to be.
This email is probably (I hope) an example of what I mean.

Look at the following line in the attached screenshot:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 0

It is wrapped at 56 characters.

It's actually wrapped at 72 characters - I know what your screenshot
shows, but the mail when received is wrapped at 72 - and that's not just
a display thing, if you look in the message source it wraps at 72.

Is this now a setting instead of hard-coded? Did mine get changed
somehow?

It's not a generic thing - I'm using the same version as you and it's
fine.  If you have a small window in which to type, then you get
wrapping at odd places in the composer but still sent as if wrapped at
72, as you are seeing.  I can see that your composer window isn't small
though - perhaps there's something odd about communication between the
window manager and Evo about the window size.

P.