Re: [Evolution] fedora 16 -> 18 without doing evolution backup - LOST all evolution stuff

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 13:26 -0800, Ray Holme wrote:
I have never backed up evolution before during an upgrade and did not
this time.
Things worked for fedora 8 -> 12 and from 12 -> 16. BUT not for 16 ->
18

        Hi,
please write evolution versions, Fedora versions are kinda useless here.
I know Fedora 18 has 3.6.x of evolution, but which is that yours? You
might want to update to 3.6.3, it is in repositories already, but it
reached updates only recently, few days ago.

The location of files changed, please check:
http://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.6/data-storage.html.en

Evolution processes try to migrate old data on start, but if it's
already done, then they cannot. Please note that the evolution 3.2.x
(part of Fedora 16, right?) stored its accounts in GConf, for mail it's
in /apps/evolution/mail/accounts . If the key is empty, then the
configured accounts are either moved to ~/.config/evolution/sources, or,
(sadly) more likely, gone for unknown reason to me. There were some
fixes in backup/restore in time of 3.6.1, which would be related, but
the automatic migration should be done smoothly even without those
changes.
        Bye,
        Milan