Re: [Evolution] Can't find my emails

On Tue, 2013-12-31 at 03:27 +0000, Howard Yoon wrote:
What operating system? What version of Evolution are you using?

Yes, sorry about that. Windows 7 and Evolution 2.26.2

It's said that Evolution shouldn't work on Windows. I once needed to
install Windows XP to test hardware, that should run on Linux, but it
didn't. For this Windows I installed Evolution 2.?? and it worked, with
the exception that IIRC it couldn't empty "Trash".

Since I only download + delete POP account mails from the server, when
using Linux only, I'm sure I downloaded the mails from the POP account
and kept them on the server, when using the Windows version.

The version 2.26.2 likely is outdated for years. On Linux I'm using
$ pacman -Qi evolution
Version        : 3.10.3-1
Build Date     : Mon 09 Dec 2013 09:20:21 AM CET
Install Date   : Tue 10 Dec 2013 11:41:05 AM CET
This should be the current stable release, but on the homepage the
latest stable release tarballs were uploaded on December 9, 2013 and is
3.10.2.

Since I avoid to use Mozilla Mailers, I would test Opera on Windows.
Opera on Linux and FreeBSD does work and provides a nice work-flow.

I don't know in what folder the Evolution mails are on Windows, but it
shouldn't be hard to find them. IIRC the mails are in MBox format.