[Evolution] Can't find my emails

Hi,

I downloaded Evolution and set up a POP account to access my work server. I had 36,000 emails on this server. it downloaded all of them, then erased them from my server. And now I can't see any of them in my main window. I know the emails are on my computer somewhere (when I click new folder, it shows the 36,000 emails on my computer, but doesn't show where they're located). My tech guy at work can't find them either. I need to restore these emails to my work server and also figure out how to access them.

Please help!

Thanks.

howard