[Evolution] Which non-Microsoft server to build?

Is there a non-Microsoft server that will give me full collaboration
functionality and integrate with Evolution?  In all the years I have
been working at I.T. this has eluded me.

Currently am using Horde - but it doesn't synch with anything for
contacts/calendar.

None of the add-on synch tools work right - they are all broken toys.
Or were last time I tried them.  (I have likely tried them all).

Does anyone know of the RIGHT server to give me the collaboration
environment I require?

Zimbra?  Scalix?  I don't mind PAYING... I just want a tool that works.